Friday, October 1, 2010

Dollar Store to Dazzling...


I came across this nifty idea in a magazine (don't remember which one) and wanted to try it out, especially since I am sorely in need of decorative touches in my home. The idea was to take plain glass candle holders and make them into mosaic mirrored candle holders.

I went to the dollar store and picked up plain, square, glass plate-like candle holders and some small pewter tealight candle holders. Then, I headed to my Hobby Lobby to pick up the rest of the supplies - mirrored mosaic tiles and grout.

So, I turned this:





Into this:


They're not the best looking final project but I'm pleased with the result. And, I certainly don't think they're bad at all for a first time attempt!

Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Cammi on October 1, 2010 at 9:39 PM said...

Very nice! I may have to try this out!

Anonymous said...

Nice!!! Are you getting started early on you Christmas gifts?

It's me lots of dots Sam!

Heather B on October 3, 2010 at 12:56 AM said...

Those are pretty neat. How long did it take you to complete them?

Jessika on October 3, 2010 at 11:25 AM said...

Sam ~ no, I hadn't thought of doing that but now that you mention it a few people may be getting handmade candle holders!

Heather ~ maybe a couple of hours and that's including letting the first round of grouting dry.

Tee McNeil Art on October 3, 2010 at 12:19 PM said...

I like 'em! Cute!

Tina Connolly on October 3, 2010 at 6:24 PM said...

Very clever, they look great and very "designer".
www.scrapdiva-tina.blogspot.com

Cindy on October 4, 2010 at 11:06 PM said...

Those are so cute! They would make awesome Christmas gifts!

Jessy on October 5, 2010 at 9:54 PM said...

wow, what an awesome idea!!

Anonymous said...

I like them! Bet they look pretty with the candle light flickering off all the mirrored mosaic. They look really nice for your first attempt.


Followers

Search This Blog

 

Ink Stains & Cat Hair Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez