Monday, October 4, 2010

WCMD mini crop cards


I just finished hosting a mini crop over at MommySavers for World Card Making Day. Several ladies submitted a challenge for everyone to do. That pesky job thing interfered with my card making time; so, I didn't have a chance to play until today. I managed to complete five challenges, though.

This first card was for ChickyHip's challenge. She wanted us to use a recipe: 1 stamp, 2 circle, 3 different patterned papers, stitching (faux or real) and a piece of hardware with a bonus entry for using kraft paper. Well, this challenge was HARD! I knew what stamps I wanted; I adore the Little Boys retired set from Stampin' UP! and had some boy themed patterned paper that all matched. I'm really pleased with how this card turned out.
LeeMP22's challenge was to make a card for a friend and actually SEND it to them. I have a friend from the MS boards who was looking for the Gina K. hippo butt image...so, Sammie, this card will be on its way to you shortly!

I made this card with this years In-Colors from SU. I am really into the Concord Crush and the Pear Pizazz but I don't think I'll ever find a niche in my papercrafting for that Blushing Bride; it's just too washed out to me. I'll stick with my Pretty In Pink and Pink Pirouette!

And, speaking of Sammie - IcStarrs' challenge was to use at least three circles/dots on your card. This girl borders on obsessive with her love for polka dots! The image is from Darling Dragons, a retired SU set that I am absolutely in love with. I looked for it for ages on ebay before I could get my hands on it.
MXD's challenge was to use a die cut on your card. Tomsgem sent me this cute little owl with my crop prizes from last month. I'm not real happy with this card but it's cute enough; think I'll stick with my cricut, though.
Angelkizz loves her bling so she wanted to see how we could use it. This card didn't come out quite like it looked in my head but I still like it! The corners were supposed to be coated and a bit rounded with black chunky glitter. The ribbon is sparkly and there's a line of gemstones underneath the ribbon.
The ladies over at MS have become quite good friends over the years and I'm glad to have friends who share my love of papercrafting - even if they do all live in my computer.

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Becky on October 4, 2010 at 8:27 PM said...

You sure have been busy :)..These all are so adorable Cute image on the first one, beautiful butterfly on the second, Love that dragon on the third, so fun and colorful love the black and white.

Unknown on October 4, 2010 at 9:39 PM said...

Great job Jess...I always love your cards!!!!

Looks like you ladies had lots of fun!!!

Tee McNeil Art on October 5, 2010 at 8:41 PM said...

Very cute cards! You guys must have had a blast!

Jessy on October 5, 2010 at 9:52 PM said...

Your cards are so adorable Jess. Love the butterfly/bling card, but they are all really cute!! :-)

Tina Connolly on October 6, 2010 at 6:55 PM said...

Very cute cards, I especially love the dragon!
www.scrapdiva-tina.blogspot.com

Heather B on October 7, 2010 at 12:12 AM said...

Great cards! Don't you just love challenges? I like that they make me do something different that I might not immediately think of.


Followers

Search This Blog

 

Ink Stains & Cat Hair Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez