Saturday, September 18, 2010

Productive day...


I went to a craft work day at a friends church today that turned out fairly productive. I managed to complete five of the challenges for the crop over at MommySavers.

This first one is my favorite of the day. I was so excited when they brought the Inchworm back and then my little received one as a Christmas gift. The only problem was, he INSISTED it was a doggy...named Inchworm. The challenge here was to use as many buttons as you could on a layout.

This layout was done for a challenge titled, "Mother, May I?" It was to be a page about for a mom or about being a mom. I had this old picture of me and my boys but hadn't ever figured out what to do with it. Well, this challenge was perfect! Some old rub-ons along the edge and next to the photo, some rhinestone hearts by the photo and some flowers in the corner. I haven't put any journaling on there yet, though; I still want to think on it some more.
"Hide and Seek" was an interesting challenge for me. The "put a hidden image on your layout" wasn't hard but what I wanted to do took me out of my comfort zone. I decided, with the help of my friend, Jenn, to paper piece everything. So, that "slide" is actually a curvy arrow and two rail posts made with the Going Places Cricut cartridge.

Another challenge was called, "Follow the Leader." Basically, I had to follow this "recipe":-2 printed papers -1 solid paper -Bling -at least 1 fastener -something white with my layout. You can see most of it but my something white and my bling was Stickles glitter glue that I used to trace some of the circles on the green patterned paper. Also, there is a brad in the upper corner of each photo for the fastener aspect.


Thanks for looking at my creations!

0 comments:


Followers

Search This Blog

 

Ink Stains & Cat Hair Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez